My Current Skincare Routine + The Body Shop Tea Tree Review
Skincare is something that is very important to me and always has been, so I thought I would share my current skincare routine with you.
Background: I have combination/oily skin so I have dry areas but I am also very oil, especially on my T-Zone. I have struggled with acne since I was 15 in my Freshman year of high school. My worst acne came in my Junior year as it was not cystic but it was pretty close and I would get scars from my acne. Now I am 21 and I still currently struggle with acne but it is nowhere near what it was like in high school. I get a couple pimples here and there (which are still really annoying – am I right?) but I have found ways of getting rid of them faster.
I religiously used the Murad Acne Skincare line for about the past 2 years but I have heard so many great reviews about The Body Shop Tea Tree line from so many people, including my best friend who uses some products from the line, so I decided I would see what all the rave is about. I bought 3 products from the Tea Tree line: The Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser, Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Facial Toner, and just the plain Tea Tree Oil. I use these Body Shop products along with the Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with SPF 15 for Sensitive Skin.
Now that you know what products I use in my skincare, lets jump into the steps of my routine.
- First, I make sure my hair is put up and out of my face.
- Use warm water to get my cleansing brush and face wet because the warm water helps open up my pores so that the product is able to penetrate deeper into my skin for a better cleaning.
- Apply one pump of the The Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser to my cleansing brush.
- Using the cleansing brush, I scrub my face in a circular motion (I tend to scrub for a decent amount of time to ensure I am getting my face as clean as possible and giving the cleanser time to work into my pores).
- Once I am done scrubbing my face, I rinse my cleansing brush off in the warm water as well as rinse my face clean of the cleanser and then pat my face dry with a washcloth.
- Apply the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Facial Toner with a cotton ball or cotton pad.
- Using a Q-Tip, I then apply the Tea Tree Oil to any active pimple or any problem area I have.
- Lastly I apply a generous amount of the Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer all over my face.
I have been using the Olay Moisturizer for as long as I can remember but I just started using the Tea Tree products for about 4 weeks now. These products have actually been working great on my skin as it has helped diminish an active pimple within a day and even help stop a pimple from arising to the surface.
If you struggle with acne and have oily skin, I would definitely recommend buying these products and giving them a try. The Body Shop has many other Tea Tree products in their line such as the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mask, Tea Tree Mattifying Lotion, Tea Tree Night Lotion, Tea Tree Oil Pore Minimizer, and more! You can find all their products on their website here.
Have you ever used the Tea Tree Line from The Body Shop? If so, what products did you use? What was your experience with them? Let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for Listening♥
*Disclaimer: No products are sponsored or sent to me*